Diabetes mellitus is a chronic metabolic disorder that prevents the body to utilise glucose completely or partially. This is basically a lifestyle disorder caused due to mainly sedentary lifestyle & wrong eating habits. In this post I will suggest few simple and easy dietary guidelines to be followed to reduce your blood glucose levels.
- Simple sugars should be restricted since they are easily absorbed and have high glycemic index. Eat artificial sweetners instead of simple white sugar, like steviana, maple syrup, Aspartame.
2. The diet should meet the requirements of antioxidants, micronutrients, phytochemicals,the intake of whole grains like oats, barley, wheat, multigrains , fruits ,vegetables should be increased, increased intake of whole grains and reduced intake of fat specially the saturated fats also improves insulin sensitivity and reduces the risk of diabetes independent of weightloss.
3. A mixture of oils is preffered than single oil . Try to add oils like sunflower oil, corn oil, groundnut oil, gingelly oil in your diet as they are rich in poly unsaturated fatty acids.
4. Your diet should be high in proteins as proteins helps to increase insulin production and promotes satiety. Daals, sprouts, pulses, legumes are protein rich foods which should be included daily in your diet.
5. Avoid eating junk and processed foods as it inhibits insulin production in the body. Try to eat foods rich in dietary fibres, processed foods inhibits insulin production in the body. Eat fresh homemade foods.
6. Fruits rich in vitamins should be consumed daily as it promotes insulin production, contains antioxidants, fruits are rich in fibres so also helps in reducing weight. try to eat varities of fruits ,with the variety available at a typical supermarket, this strategy could introduce you to new favorites for months.Multi-Vitamins and minerals are also very useful. B-Complex vitamins are a good part in any multi-vitamin. Vitamin B-6 (50 – 150 mg a day), vitamin B12 (1000 – 3000 mcg). These vitamins are extremely helpful in protecting against neuropathy or nerve damage, also in reversing diabetes naturally. However, test your blood sugar after trying a new item—especially fruit. Some may have a more dramatic effect on blood sugar than others, and if they do, you may have to limit portion sizes accordingly.
7. Influence of chew count , glycaemic indices, should be recognised by your doctor. regulate your meals if you are taking insulin . Insulin is adjusted depending on your daily calorie requirement . Include foods like fenugreek, bittergourd in your diet as they are hypoglycaemic foods.
8. Eat foods like Green leafy vegetables, all fruits except banana, lemon, clear soups, onion, mint, spices, salads, plain tea or coffee, skimmed milk, buttermilk, fresh fruit smoothies, detox waters.
9. Stay positive, reduce stress, set your diet plan and exercise targets. To lose weight, you should try to exercise three times a week for 30-60 minutes a day. But moving your body is good for a lot more than that. Regular workouts can help to…
- Lower your blood sugar.
- Boost your heart health
- Lower your blood pressure
- Help insulin work better in your body.
- Here are some healthy ways to combat stress:
- Do breathing exercises.
- Tense your muscles and then release them.
- Go on a walk or jog.
- do Yoga
- Start a new hobby.
- Replace negative thoughts with positive ones.
10. I would like to share few simple home remedies that you can follow everyday to control your blood glucose levels. Remember that you must follow this regularly .
a) Drink an Apple Cider Vinegar Solution – Mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with 1 cup of water and drink it while having a meal. Its richness in vitamins, antioxidants and minerals can make your blood glucose level go down. Do this once day and you will see a big improvement on your condition.
b)Take in Pure Honey and Cinnamon- Pure honey and cinnamon are very well-known to the diabetic community because they are potent enough to reverse diabetes. You can use these natural gifts to sweeten your food or drink instead of using table sugar.
c) Add Zinc to Your Daily Diet potential- Zinc plays an important role in the production, as well as in the absorption of insulin by the body. Regularly eat foods that have zinc. You may also opt to take supplements that will help you resolve your zinc deficiency. When your body lacks zinc, your diabetes glucose level will be out of control.