A bride always has desire to appear the most gorgeous face on her wedding occasions. She becomes very conscious about her health especially in terms of looking beautiful along with loosing weight…to look attractive and fit. As the wedding days come closer a number of thoughts rolls up in her mind on what she can eat or not before the big event to remain healthy….The marriage is a new phase and lifestyle takes a new twist post wedding . Its important that a bride to be pays an extra attention on her health.
If your D-day is around the corner , while you must be preoccupied with preparations of every tiny details. What I would suggest as a Nutritionist that brides to be……… better you make a self evaluation diary to track your weightloss target and healthy eating patterns and record them daily.
In this post I would list down few important dietary guidelines and tips to be followed for Pre- Wedding brides….Its better to start weightloss diet atleast 3 to 4 months before the wedding because it provides you enough time to be fit for wedding !!
REDUCE BELLY FAT
A fat belly is not very appealing for a young bride. Its important that atleast 3 months before the wedding you should focus on clean eating diet , as of my opinion a Nutritionist or dietitian can help you customize a diet plan for your body’s type but in general you can start by following these recommendations.
- Eat atleast 2 seasonal fruits per day. Lunch should be wholesome and filling as the main meal of the day.
- Recognize your hunger time and pack your healthy snacks accordingly. Exercising or morning walk for atleast 30 minutes is crucial to maintain healthy weight.
- Building a good digestive system is important so that your gut can handle all wedding planning stress and also post wedding nervousness. Foods like kefir, yoghurt, buttermilk are rich in probiotic bacterias that maintains healthy gut. Instead of sipping artificial beverages , better opt for coconut water, lassi, lemon juice .
- As the lifestyle environment and daily routine changes completely post wedding ,its important that you build your inner stamina from the beginning itself…try to sleep early and wakeup early , exercise, do yoga, and pray or meditate.
- Eat some dryfruits like almonds, walnuts, caashews , peanuts, as evening snack and try to detox yourself by fasting once a week.
You need to have enough proteins in your diet to support hair growth as more than 90% of your hair is madeup of proteins.
- Foods such as meat, poultry, fish, eggs, dairy products are high in proteins , you can add them in your meals.
- Vegetarian people can consume proteins in the form of plant sources like soybeans, milk, seeds, nuts, yoghurt, avocadoes, lentils, daals, sprouts these all are healthy proteins essential for hair growth.
- Eat vitamin A rich foods to promote hair growth and prevent hair loss. Like green veggies, carrots, pumpkin, broccoli, sweet potato.
- Vitamin C is also a crucial part of your diet as it helps to keep your blood vessels healthy ,prevents hair breakage and improves hair texture and growth.
- Include Flaxseeds in your diet as it contains omega – 3 fatty acids alongwith antioxidants , minerals which is essential for hair growth.
Your healthy glowing beautiful skin will definitely become a centre of attraction on your Wedding day. Your skin radiates your inner beauty. Ensure that you eat healthy foods which is essential for glowing skin.
- Vitamin- E rich foods are important for a healthy skin, drink lots of fluids by drinking water, fresh juices, soups, it keeps you hydrated & skin looks soft and healthy.
- Eat low glycemic index foods to prevent acne …avoid refined sugars, oily foods, processed foods ,high calorie desserts as it may cause oily skin, pimples, rashes.
- It’s important that you consume lots of antioxidants in the form of green tea, seasonal fruits, fresh tomatoes, salads etc.
- Try to drink detox water every morning on an empty stomach to detoxify harmful chemicals out of your body and improve skin texture , also drink fresh fruits homemade Smoothies for a complete healthy and balanced meal.
- Healthy fats are also important part of diet for beautiful skin , eat plenty of omega – 3 fatty acids from salmon fish, Dark green vegetables.
- Drinking lots of water atleast 10 glasses per day , fresh juices with gooseberry can help to keep skin hydrated and also prevents dull complexion.
Last but not the least your overall appearance on your Wedding day will be more appealing if your Bridal makeup is good. It enhances your overall beauty !!
- Choose a makeup artist that uses quality products for your makeup so that they are not harsh on your skin.
- Find and contact bridal makeup artists to ask what products they use and choose your artist based on that.
- Make sure that the products are used in a hygienic way.
- Read their reviews to know what other brides have experienced with them.
- Do not forget to wipe off your makeup gently after the wedding is done.
PS: You can also find a list of best bridal makeup artists in Delhi here.